So you’ve decided to buy a new house and decide on getting a new build. How exciting! You will be the first owners to reside in this property and get a chance to select all of the amenities your heart desires.
There’s only one problem: the home model you’ve fallen in love with will not be ready for another 12-18 months!
What other options do you have to get a new build within a shorter timeframe? A move-in ready home may be the right answer for you. This article will relay to you the processes to follow for thorough research that will help you choose your next home in no time.
What are move-in ready homes?
A move-in ready home is sometimes referred to as a turnkey home. They are ready, structurally sound homes that meet all the local requirements to be considered liveable. These requirements include electricity, plumbing, safe doors, windows, etc.
To be considered a move-in ready home, it must meet all the legal code requirements. A move-in ready home can be a brand new home available for an immediate move or a 30-year-old house with new features and adjustments. We can say a new home is move-in ready if there is just some painting work remaining to be done.. other than that, other complex things like replacing the flooring and roofing disqualify a house from being a move-in ready home.
We can also consider flipped homes as move-in ready homes too. A flipped home, a house bought at a very low price, modified and renovated to industry-standard, then rented out. If you are looking at getting a new home without much upfront commitment and a quick move, flipped homes are a great choice to start with.
Benefits of Move-in Ready Homes
Living in a move-in-ready home can have a lot of benefits that you never knew. Here are some of those benefits.
It saves you money
Many people opt for quick move-in homes because of how cheap they are. There are a lot of construction expenses associated with building a new home, and you might not have a robust budget for that. How about the upfront costs that come with buying a house? Opting for a move-in-ready home will save you those expenses and even give you the luxury of having a perfect new home. Move-in ready homes come with industry-standard plumbing, heating, roofing, and electrical appliances. This means there will be no unexpected expenses coming up shortly once you opt for a move-in-ready home.
It saves you time
If you do not have enough time to construct and build your own home, opting for a move-in-ready home is a viable option. It saves you the waiting time of getting your perfect home. Even if you are trying to get a house on a mortgage, the loan approval period can take quite some time and resources before closing. Move-in ready homes save you from such stress and waiting time and even offers equal housing benefits as any other home you can think of.
It saves you a lot of stress
Of course, you will be saved from all the stress that comes with renovation, getting new furniture and appliances, and other stress homeowners face in acquiring a new home.
You’ll know what you are getting
You’ll have the opportunity to explore the house and know if it is the right fit for you. You can check the bedrooms, baths, furniture, and other home parts. You can also feel the community and know if it’s fantastic for you.
The best place to find love in ready homes
Finding a home is not an arduous task supposing you know the right places to look. There may be new construction homes available in your city, but you need to search in the right places to see them. Here are some tips on how to find your dream home today.
Real estate agents
Your real estate agent will have a lot of information concerning move-in-ready homes or any newly constructed home in your area. They have first-hand knowledge of all housing needs in your area. Talk to them and know if there are any available ones in your preferred neighborhood. Furthermore, some move-in-ready homes are sold out even before the internet. Your real estate agents can do some leg work for you and get you details of available homes for purchase.
Online property sites
Depending on your area, there are a lot of websites with listings of new houses available. You can see the move-in-ready homes available for lease or purchase on these listings. Here are a few websites where you can find move-in-ready homes.
- zillow.com: Zillow boasts of having over 100 million listings on it. Homeowners often use it to compare the prices of properties. It does not just list available properties; it estimates the value of each of them depending on their location and other available data.
- Homes.com: This is a website where you can search for available homes, including homes for rent, recently sold homes, and homes for sale. It displays demographic data, landscaping, and information on your potential neighborhood. It’s a great website to browse if you want answers backed up with accurate data.
- Realtor.com is a popular website belonging to the national association of realtors, which is why it is one of the best places to start searching for serious buyers. On this website, you can view homes for rent and sale. You can also see listings of new construction homes in a particular community.
- Homefinder.com: This resource has a variety of listings with filters you can use to customize your search preferences. There’s even a feature that allows you to search for off-market completed properties which are not actively listed for sale. More resources on this website are Their blog section which gives you in-depth content about buying your dream home. They have professionals available to guide you through purchasing a home step by step.
- Trulia: a lot of people use this site because of its user-friendliness. It lets you see listings in photo and map formats. It gives you an inside look at various essential statistics like price trends, available schools, and even crime reports in a particular location. It has a feature that allows you to find a real estate agent in your area to give you professional help. You can also utilize the Trulia app features to find homes seamlessly.
Features Of A Move-in-ready Home
Whether it is a brand new home or a construction home, there are essential features for every move-in-ready home, and here is a shortlist of them.
Every home needs running water. All the pipes should be free of blockage and have clean water available.
Modern electrical wirings
All homes built in the United States have a national electric code. As stated in this rule, every living room, bedroom, kitchen, and family room should have s working electrical outlet. This also applies to any room with a dedicated living space.
Move-In ready homes should be free of any significant or minor roof damage. All drainage systems and gutters should be intact with no show of water damage.
Move-in ready homes must include major appliances like heaters, refrigerators, freezers, laundry machines, cooling systems, dishwashers, and other essential appliances.
And there we have it, all you need to know about move-in-ready homes and the easiest ways to find them. In owning a move-in-ready home, quality is not compromised, and you get to enjoy life in peace with your family in your own home. If you are interested in getting a move-in-ready home, you can contact a broker or visit any of the online sites we have listed above. I’m pretty sure you will find one that suits your lifestyle.